The Shoe Quarter cannot do without the efforts of volunteers in any department. Therefore, in our museum you can do what you are good at! There is room for your own input and you decide when and how often you want to work. The current group of volunteers is looking for new colleagues, people who share their pride and enthusiasm for the Schoenenkwartier and want to contribute to the museum.
There is a wide variety of activities: welcoming guests, working in the café, preparing lunches, giving guided tours to adults or schoolchildren, assisting in the manufacturing labs or workshops, helping "behind the scenes", in short: there is something for everyone! Of course, you will be well prepared for your task.
host or hostess|entrance
sale | museum store
hospitality | museum cafe
tour guides | exhibitions
research and education | knowledge center
(shoe) makers and leather workers | making labs
workshops | design
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A year of free admission to the museum and discounts in the store and café.
- Invitations to previews and openings of exhibitions.
- A nice and inspiring work environment in the heart of Waalwijk.
- You decide when and how often you want to work
Please respond if you think you can support us with this and
- If you are enthusiastic, open-minded and flexible
- You value hospitality
- You have an affinity with heritage, art and craft
- You are available at least once a week or on weekends.
- You are at least 18 years old